Thursday, April 4, 2019

Some Thoughts on Divine Revelation/Inspiration

This was originally a response on Facebook that I am parking here, so that I can find it later.

As a Pagan who sit as mantis for Apollon, this is how I understand Divine Revelation/Inspiration. Everything from any divine being/deity is "stepped down" and running through the nervous system of the person who is receiving, even in cases of Divine embodiment, such as the oracular work that I do. I believe that I am in communion/communication with the God Apollon. But when I say "Apollon told me" it is mediated by my perceptual faculties, my mind, my brain, my language, the concepts that are built into my mind-stuff. There will always be coloring and may be distortion in that. I try to do the spiritual work that will minimize that coloring and distortion, but if it is going to come through a person and be embedded in language, it is "stepped down" like through an electrical transformer, for human consumption. My understanding, such that it is, is that our mortal systems cannot handle the power of full contact. They (the Theoi) are already interfacing with us in specific ways so that we can understand and handle it, and then it runs through the person being contacted. That doesn't make it untrue, invalid or anything else...it does mean it's an alloy and should be viewed through that lens. I'm aiming to make that alloy high caret gold...but still... So, my personal issue with a lot of the Abrahamic traditions they don't seem to get that and their messengers don't seem to recognize their role, but believe that they are delivering truth unalloyed. That is dangerous. It causes challenges for me, as a Pagan, because I don't ever want anyone to suspend their critical judgement when receiving anything that comes through me, and most of the people listening come from the Abrahamic background, even if they have left the religion of their upbringing. I really, really try to be as clear as I can be, as much of a "hollow reed" as I can be...but the contact is always going to be colored by me. On the other hand, if Apollon chose me, it is for good reasons...and I have faith in that

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rendez-vous à la boutique Outlet Démarque.

Anonymous said...

I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet viewers, its really really fastidious paragraph on building up new webpage.
It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future
and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if
I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.

Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read even more things about it! I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors, its really really fastidious paragraph on building up new weblog.
http://www.cspan.net/

Maggie said...

Ah, well. You seem to have acquired a trollbot. So sorry you have to put up with that.

My personal experience of you as Mantis for Apollon was that several things showed up that we had not thought of ... and while there was the tiniest whiff of the Librarian we know in everyday life, an awful lot of it was in a much higher vibration.

I wish the Abrahamic trads would recognize the value of Personal Gnosis, even the unverified kind, instead of asserting that the Revelation that is so common throughout both Testaments of their Bible has somehow 'closed.' I mean, excuse me, if your God is Omnipotent and Omnipresent, what makes you think He is somehow unable to communicate?